What we offer for Bikers
Les Ballastières is not only bike friendly, but run by bikers.
We have travelled many times on two wheels, both in the UK and on the continent, and know only too well what it is like to arrive at your overnight stop cold, soaked through and unable to dry out! So we have a:
Drying room for those who get caught in the rain. You can wash the bike down, get the mud
off your boots and hang your leathers up to dry.
Other facilities include:
- Secure courtyard & garaged parking
- Small workshop with compressor, battery tester/charger, bike lift etc
- Large games room with kitchenette
- BBQ in courtyard
- Site mechanic! Paul may be able to help fix a problem
- Indoor camping in The Hayloft
Riding in the area: There are many excellent roads in this part of Northern France – and not all of them are flat and straight. You can wind your way through some of the valleys, stop off to admire the view, visit an abbey or one of the many WW1 sites – or simply have something to eat and drink. We will be happy to help with your itinerary. Check out What to see & do for some ideas.
BIKE EVENTS AT THE LOCAL TRACK, CROIX EN TERNOIS, OR IN THE AREA:
- February: Enduropale at Le Touquet – a motorcycle event attracing over 200,000 spectators!
- May: Promosport
- June: Classic solo & sidecar racing – Trophées Gérard Jumeaux
- September: Classic bike meet – Caiman
- Various: Track days for groups and individuals. Full Day: 90 euros Half Day 60 euros. We will be happy to arrange these for you.
Riding in France: The following are obligatory:
- ALL documents (not photocopies)
- Driving Licence
- Keep to the right (it happens!)
- Especially be aware of the rule “Priority to the right”, particularly in towns and small villages
Also recommended: Recovery insurance, health insurance and High-Vis vest
EMERGENCY TELEPHONE NOS:
- 15 – Ambulance (SAMU)
- 18 – Fire Brigade (Pompiers)
- 17 – Police (Gendarmerie)
- 112 – European Emergency number (English spoken)